Hotels of Ballarat
The history of Ballarat and district's hotels and publicans.
Ballarat was the centre of one of the world's richest goldfields, and thousands of hotels were opened in the city and its surrounding districts. Some of these hotels are still operating, others are still standing but used for other purposes, but most have disappeared completely. This wiki records the history of all these hotels, and the people who lived and worked in them. This wiki began in November 2016, based on earlier work on the Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project. The pages have been reformatted and edited to this site's requirements. Currently (August 2017) there are 1084 Ballarat and district hotels listed in the indexes.
To help new contributors, there are two new help pages:
- The Public Bar - a place to talk and ask questions
- The Billiard Room - a place to play and experiment without changing anything else.
Details and history of hotels in Ballarat and surrounding districts.
The details about Ballarat and its surrounding areas included on this site.
Details of Ballarat's streets and the hotels that were in them.
- Fassert's Hotel, Ballarat
- Farley's Hotel, Ballarat
- Kayser's Hotel, Ballarat
- Seven Stars Hotel (Long Point), near Creswick
- Sulky Gully Hotel, Sulky Gully
- Napoleons Hotel, Napoleons
- Shamrock Hotel (Dunnstown), Dunnstown
- Sago Hill Hotel, near Haddon
- Golden Lion Hotel (Haddon), Haddon
- Haddon Hotel
- Two Sisters Hotel
- Mechanics' Hotel
- Toll Bar Hotel
- Clare Castle Hotel
- Old American Hotel, Creswick
- North Briton Hotel, Smythesdale
- Trunk Lead Hotel, Haddon
- Racecourse Hotel, Ballarat
- Duke of Edinburgh Hotel, Ballarat
- Miner's Right Hotel, Ballarat
- Sturt Hotel, Ballarat
- Kent Hotel, Ballarat
- Clanricarde Hotel, Ballarat
You can help
You can assist this project by:
- Creating an article about a hotel, using this Hotel Page template.
- Creating an article about a person, using this Person Page template.
- Requesting an article about a person, hotel, or place.
- You can add information to pages - please cite the source.
Links to working with MediaWiki: