Hotels of Ballarat
The history of Ballarat and district's hotels and publicans.
Ballarat was the centre of one of the world's richest goldfields, and thousands of hotels were opened in the city and its surrounding districts. Some of these hotels are still operating, others are still standing but used for other purposes, but most have disappeared completely. This wiki records the history of all these hotels, and the people who lived and worked in them. This wiki began in November 2016, based on earlier work on the Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project. The pages have been reformatted and edited to this site's requirements. Currently (October 2017) there are 1159 Ballarat and district hotels listed in the indexes.
To help new contributors, there are two new help pages:
- The Public Bar - a place to talk and ask questions
- The Billiard Room - a place to play and experiment without changing anything else.
Details and history of hotels in Ballarat and surrounding districts.
The details about Ballarat and its surrounding areas included on this site.
Details of Ballarat's streets and the hotels that were in them.
- Gemini Hotel, Scarsdale
- Golden Stream Hotel No.2, Newtown
- Brownsvale Hotel, Brownsvale
- Exchange Hotel, Scarsdale
- Club Hotel, Scarsdale
- Red Lion Hotel, Scarsdale
- Freemasons' Hotel, Scarsdale
- Family Hotel, Beaufort
- Raglan Hotel, Raglan
- Woods' Hotel, Waterloo
- Richmond Hotel, Waterloo
- Victoria Hotel, Beaufort
- Royal Swan Hotel, Waterloo
- Loft's Hotel, Chute
- Stockyard Hill Hotel, Stockyard Hill
- Brierley's Hotel, Eurambeen
- Bottle Hill Hotel, Carngham
- Farmers' Inn, Chepstowe
- Criterion Hotel, Preston's Hill
- United States Hotel, Preston's Hill
- Charlie Napier Casino, Carngham
- Bicknell's Hotel, Beaufort
- Britannia Hotel, Snake Valley
- Junction Inn, Snake Valley
- Preston's Hill Hotel, Preston's Hill
- Miners' Hotel, Snake Valley
- Snake Valley Hotel, Snake Valley
- Golden Age Hotel, Beaufort
- Pyrenees Hotel, Lexton
- Junction Hotel, Beaufort
- Albion Hotel, Waterloo
- Railway Hotel, Beaufort
- Camp Hotel, Beaufort
- Ripon Hotel, Skipton
- Evansford Hotel, Evansford
- Trawalla Hotel, Trawalla
- Crown Hotel, Caralulup
- Fifeshire Hotel, Waterloo
- Farmers' Hotel, Beaufort
- Commercial Hotel, Beaufort
- All Nations Hotel, Beaufort
- Sailor's Gully Hotel, Nerring
- Eurambeen Hotel, Eurambeen
- Main Lead Hotel, Main Lead
- Waterloo Hotel, Waterloo
- Victoria Junction Hotel, Waterloo
- Carngham Inn, Carngham
- Royal Hotel, Snake Valley
- Australian Hotel, Dana Street, Ballarat.
- Clare Hotel, Ballarat
- Spread Eagle Hotel, Ballan
- Soldiers' Hotel, Ballarat
- Suburban House, Ballarat
- Village Inn, Ballarat
- Golden Phoenix Hotel, Ballarat
- Saracen's Head Hotel, Ballarat
- Lamb Inn, Ballarat
- Cricket Club Hotel, Ballarat
- Dent's Hotel, Ballarat
- White Horse Hotel, White Horse Lead, Ballarat
- Duke of York Hotel, Main Road, Ballarat
- Perth and Fife Arms, Mount Clear
You can help
You can assist this project by:
- Creating an article about a hotel, using this Hotel Page template.
- Creating an article about a person, using this Person Page template.
- Requesting an article about a person, hotel, or place.
- You can add information to pages - please cite the source.
Links to working with MediaWiki: