Cape Clear is a small town southwest of Ballarat.
Description[edit | edit source]
Cape Clear is about 34 kms south west of Ballarat, on the road to Lismore. The town was named by two gold miners, Reardon and Henry Boardman after their home at Cape Clear Island, Ireland. The area was first settled after the discovery of gold at Springdallah in 1863.
Hotels[edit | edit source]
A list of hotels known to have operated in the Cape Clear district.
People[edit | edit source]
A list of people known to have worked in the hotels of Cape Clear.
Mining[edit | edit source]
A list of mines known to have been operated in Cape Clear.
References[edit | edit source]
- Victorian Places, http://www.victorianplaces.com.au/cape-clear
- Cape Clear, Illabarook, Rokewood Junction Community Plan 2013-15, https://www.goldenplains.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/Cape%20Clear%20Community%20Plan%202013-2015.pdf