Commercial Hotel (Beaufort)
For other hotels with the same or similar names, see Commercial Hotel.
The Commercial Hotel was a hotel at Beaufort, <1884-1915>.
In May 1886 there must have been a problem with drainage at the hotel, as noted at the Riponshire Council meeting:
The engineer to report and give an estimate of the cost of deviating the water flowing from the rear of the Commercial hotel into Neill street
The hotel's license was reviewed by the License Reduction Board in January 1912.
- In December 1884 the license was granted yo G. Carver.
- In December 1915, William James Lidgerwood had his license renewed.
- 1912 'LICENSES REDUCTION BOARD.', Geelong Advertiser (Vic. : 1859 - 1929), 16 January, p. 5. , viewed 21 Sep 2017, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article149235054
- 1886 'RIPONSHIRE COUNCIL.', The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924), 14 May, p. 4. , viewed 22 Sep 2017, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article204431753
- 1884 'BEAUFORT ANNUAL LICENS-ING COURT.', The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924), 24 December, p. 4. , viewed 04 Oct 2017, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article207630888
- 1915 'LICENSING COURT.', Riponshire Advocate (Vic. : 1914 - 1918), 4 December, p. 3. , viewed 22 Sep 2017, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article119570366