Criterion Hotel (Preston's Hill)
- For other hotels with the same or similar names, see Criterion Hotel.
The Criterion Hotel was a hotel at Preston's Hill, <1861-1865>.
- In July 1862 a meeting was held for the Carngham Gold Field Commons:
A meeting of persons interested in the Carngham Gold Field Commons was held on Monday evening at the Criterion Hotel, Preston Hill, for the purpose of nominating managers to be recommended to the Mining Board for confirmation.
- In July 1865 a meeting was held to take action on the roads:
A preliminary meeting of persons interested in getting the road from the Banner of War Hotel through Carngham proclaimed a main line, was held at Dalveen's Criterion Hotel, Preston Hill, Carngham, on Tuesday evening
- 1862 'CARNGHAM GOLD FIELD COMMONS.', The Star (Ballarat, Vic. : 1855 - 1864), 31 July, p. 4. , viewed 15 Sep 2017, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66325960
- 1865 'NEWS AND NOTES.', The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924), 27 July, p. 2. , viewed 30 Sep 2017, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article112877556
- 1861 'LICENSING SESSION.', The Star (Ballarat, Vic. : 1855 - 1864), 15 June, p. 4. , viewed 28 Sep 2017, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66339941
- 1862 'POLICE COURT, CARNGHAM.', The Star (Ballarat, Vic. : 1855 - 1864), 21 June, p. 4. , viewed 27 Sep 2017, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66324987