Half-way House Hotel (Carngham Road)

From Hotels of Ballarat
For other hotels with the same or similar names see Halfway House Hotel.
Halfway House Hotel
Picture needed
History
Town near Smythesdale
Street Carngham Road
Known dates 1861-1865

The Halfway House Hotel was a hotel in Smythesdale area, <1861-1865>.

Site[edit | edit source]

The hotel was on Carngham Road, in the Smythesdale Licensing District. There was also a Halfway House Hotel on the Ballarat Smythesdale Road at the same time, and it is possible that some of the information may be mixed up between the two hotels. These were both granted licenses at the 1863 Smythesdale Licensing Court hearing.[1] To add to the confusion there was a later Halfway House on the Burrumbeet Road.

Background[edit | edit source]

History[edit | edit source]

Community Involvement[edit | edit source]

The People[edit | edit source]


See also[edit | edit source]

References[edit | edit source]

  1. 1.0 1.1 1863 'SMYTHESDALE POLICE COURT.', The Star (Ballarat, Vic. : 1855 - 1864), 20 June, p. 4. , viewed 01 Oct 2018, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article72515157
  2. 1861 'ANNUAL PUBLICANS' LICENSE MEETING, SMYTHESDALE.', The Star (Ballarat, Vic. : 1855 - 1864), 22 June, p. 1. (SUPPLEMENT TO THE STAR.), viewed 01 Oct 2018, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66340118
  3. 1865 'POLICE.', The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924), 16 January, p. 4. , viewed 19 Nov 2018, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66059437


External Links[edit | edit source]