Hotels of Ballarat
There are now 1339 Ballarat and district hotels included in the index (June 2018).
The history of Ballarat and district's hotels and publicans.
Ballarat was the centre of one of the world's richest goldfields, and thousands of hotels were opened in the city and its surrounding districts. Some of these hotels are still operating, others are still standing but used for other purposes, but most have disappeared completely. This wiki records the history of Ballarat hotels and the people who lived and worked in them. The hotels in this project cover an area about 50kms radius from Ballarat.
Genealogists, family and local history researchers will find a this to be unique encyclopedia of Ballarat's hotels and publicans. There are now biographies of 387 publicans included (June 2018).
This research on Ballarat's hotels and pubs is a work in progress, and new information is being added everyday as different sources are checked. If you can't find the history of a Ballarat hotel today, it maybe added tomorrow, so please keep checking. To see the most recent additions, see the list below. Click here to see the latest hotel updates.
To help new contributors, there are three help pages:
- The Public Bar - a place to talk and ask questions
- The Billiard Room - a place to play and experiment without changing anything else.
- The Cellar - a place where things are stored for using later.
Details and history of hotels in Ballarat and surrounding districts.
The details about Ballarat and its surrounding areas included on this site.
Details of Ballarat's streets and the hotels that were in them.
- Carpenters' Arms, Ballarat
- Bosher's Hotel, Ballarat
- Sussex Hotel, Ballarat
- Sheridan's Hotel, Ballarat
- Bridge Hotel, Eganstown
- Farmers Arms, Daylesford
- Star of Erin Hotel, Ballarat
- Victoria Hotel, Lethbridge
- Watson's Hotel, Meredith
- Royal Hotel, Main Road, Ballarat
- Dan O'Connell Hotel, Bridge Street, Ballarat
- Savoia Hotel, Hepburn Springs
- Halfway Hotel, Warrambine
- Hepburn Mineral Springs Hotel, Hepburn
- Jackson's & Co., Ballarat
- The Sporting Globe, Ballarat
- The Pub With Two Names, Ballarat
- Oscars, Ballarat
- Table 48, Ballarat
- Battler's Tavern, Ballarat
- Black Bull Hotel, Eyre Street, Ballarat
- Victoria Hotel, Gong Gong
- Wallace Hotel, Wallace
- Farmers' Hotel, Warrenheip
- Emerald Isle Hotel, Bungaree
- Maryville Hotel, near Bungaree
- Truro Hotel, Durham Lead
- Clark's Hill Hotel, Clark's Hill
- Bolwarra Hotel, Bolwarrah
- Galatea Hotel, Peel Street, Ballarat
- Galatea Hotel, Skipton Street, Ballarat
- Alchymist Hotel, Derwent Jacks
- Criterion Hotel, Golden Lake
- Friend's Hotel, Ballarat
- Wiltshire Arms Hotel, Delacombe
- Oriental Hotel, Wendouree Parade, Ballarat
- Criterion Hotel, Sebastopol
- Watermans' Arms, Wendouree
- Halfway House , Dereel
- Sportsmans' Arms Hotel, Dereel
- All Nations Hotel, Grassy Gully
- Sydenham Palace Hotel, Rokewood Junction.
- Sir Manners Sutton Hotel, Corindhap
- Caledonian Hotel, Corindhap
- Camp Hotel, Rokewood
- Royal Hotel, Doveton Street, Ballarat
- Royal Hotel, Meredith
- Victoria Hotel, Rokewood
- Commercial Hotel, Ballan
- Ballan Hotel, Ballan
- Cosmopolitan Hotel, Spargo Creek
- Mineral Springs Hotel, Spargo Creek
- Tuckett's Hotel, Sturt Street, Ballarat
- Commonwealth Hotel, Ballarat
- Tattersall's Hotel, Ballarat
- Royal George Hotel, Sebastopol
- Poole's Hotel, Moorookyle
- Commercial Hotel, Smeaton
- Clark's Hotel, Sturt Street, Ballarat
- Railway Hotel, Lydiard Street, Ballarat
- Sale Yards Hotel, Doveton Street, Ballarat
- Horse Bazaar Hotel, Armstrong Street, Ballarat
- Farmers' Arms Hotel, Ballarat
- Mount Side Hotel, Buninyong
- Black Swan Hotel, Newtown
- Kohl's Hotel, Darling Street, Ballarat
- Morton's Hotel, Skipton Street, Ballarat
- Imperial Hotel, Doveton Street, Ballarat
- Imperial Hotel, Clunes
- Black Lead Hotel, Hiscocks
- Bamboro' Castle Hotel, Napoleons
- Farmer's Hotel, Golden Point, Ballarat
- Picnic Hotel, Bungaree
- New York Hotel, Main Road, Ballarat
- Victory Hotel, Main Road, Ballarat
- 5 Friend's Hotel, Ballarat
- Shamrock Hotel, Ripon Street, Ballarat
- Great Northern Junction Hotel, Ballarat
You can help
You can assist this project by:
- Creating an article about a hotel, using this Hotel Page template.
- Creating an article about a person, using this Person Page template.
- Requesting an article about a person, hotel, or place.
- You can add information to pages - please cite the source.
Links to working with MediaWiki:
The Hotels of Ballarat wiki began in November 2016, based on earlier work on the Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project.