Hotels of Ballarat
There are 1308 Ballarat and district hotels included in the index (April 2018)
The history of Ballarat and district's hotels and publicans.
Ballarat was the centre of one of the world's richest goldfields, and thousands of hotels were opened in the city and its surrounding districts. Some of these hotels are still operating, others are still standing but used for other purposes, but most have disappeared completely. This wiki records the history of Ballarat hotels and the people who lived and worked in them. The hotels in this project cover an area about 50kms radius from Ballarat.
This is a work in progress, and new information is being added everyday as different sources are checked. If you can't find the history of a Ballarat hotel today, it maybe added tomorrow, so please keep checking. To see the most recent additions, see the list below. Click here to see the latest hotel updates.
To help new contributors, there are three help pages:
- The Public Bar - a place to talk and ask questions
- The Billiard Room - a place to play and experiment without changing anything else.
- The Cellar - a place where things are stored for using later.
Details and history of hotels in Ballarat and surrounding districts.
The details about Ballarat and its surrounding areas included on this site.
Details of Ballarat's streets and the hotels that were in them.
- Farmers' Hotel, Warrenheip
- Emerald Isle Hotel, Bungaree
- Maryville Hotel, near Bungaree
- Truro Hotel, Durham Lead
- Clark's Hill Hotel, Clark's Hill
- Bolwarra Hotel, Bolwarrah
- Galatea Hotel, Peel Street, Ballarat
- Galatea Hotel, Skipton Street, Ballarat
- Alchymist Hotel, Derwent Jacks
- Criterion Hotel, Golden Lake
- Friend's Hotel, Ballarat
- Wiltshire Arms Hotel, Delacombe
- Oriental Hotel, Wendouree Parade, Ballarat
- Criterion Hotel, Sebastopol
- Watermans' Arms, Wendouree
- Halfway House , Dereel
- Sportsmans' Arms Hotel, Dereel
- All Nations Hotel, Grassy Gully
- Sydenham Palace Hotel, Rokewood Junction.
- Sir Manners Sutton Hotel, Corindhap
- Caledonian Hotel, Corindhap
- Camp Hotel, Rokewood
- Royal Hotel, Doveton Street, Ballarat
- Royal Hotel, Meredith
- Victoria Hotel, Rokewood
- Commercial Hotel, Ballan
- Ballan Hotel, Ballan
- Cosmopolitan Hotel, Spargo Creek
- Mineral Springs Hotel, Spargo Creek
- Tuckett's Hotel, Sturt Street, Ballarat
- Commonwealth Hotel, Ballarat
- Tattersall's Hotel, Ballarat
- Royal George Hotel, Sebastopol
- Poole's Hotel, Moorookyle
- Commercial Hotel, Smeaton
- Clark's Hotel, Sturt Street, Ballarat
- Railway Hotel, Lydiard Street, Ballarat
- Sale Yards Hotel, Doveton Street, Ballarat
- Horse Bazaar Hotel, Armstrong Street, Ballarat
- Farmers' Arms Hotel, Ballarat
- Mount Side Hotel, Buninyong
- Black Swan Hotel, Newtown
- Kohl's Hotel, Darling Street, Ballarat
- Morton's Hotel, Skipton Street, Ballarat
- Imperial Hotel, Doveton Street, Ballarat
- Imperial Hotel, Clunes
- Black Lead Hotel, Hiscocks
- Bamboro' Castle Hotel, Napoleons
- Farmer's Hotel, Golden Point, Ballarat
- Picnic Hotel, Bungaree
- New York Hotel, Main Road, Ballarat
- Victory Hotel, Main Road, Ballarat
- 5 Friend's Hotel, Ballarat
- Shamrock Hotel, Ripon Street, Ballarat
- Great Northern Junction Hotel, Ballarat
- Flack's Hotel, Ballan
- Greendale Hotel, Greendale
- Cruise's Family Hotel, Blackwood
- Sultan Hotel, Blackwood
- Southern Cross Hotel, Blackwood
- Quartz Reef Hotel, Blackwood
- Magpie Hotel, Durham Lead
- Eastern Exchange Hotel, Blackwood
- Victoria Hotel, Blackwood
- Criterion Hotel, Blackwood
- Railway Hotel, Ballan
- Werribee Hunt Hotel, Ballan
- Carriers' Arms Hotel, Ballan
- All Nations Hotel, Blackwood
- Gregory's Hotel, Blackwood
- Golden Point Hotel, Blackwood
- Rogers' Hotel, Blackwood
- Mount Blackwood Hotel, Mount Blackwood
- Carriers' Arms, Doveton Street, Ballarat
- Exchange Hotel, Mount Egerton
- Rose Hotel, Mount Egerton
- Williams' Hotel, Gordon
- Enterprise Hotel, Blakeville
- Blakeville Hotel, Blakeville
- Crown Hotel, Blackwood
- Clare Morris Hotel, East Trentham
- Commercial Hotel, Trentham
- Railway Hotel, Trentham
- Newbury Hotel, Newbury
- Jack's Hotel, Newbury
- Royal Hotel, East Trentham
- Junction Hotel, Garlicks
- Blue Mountain Hotel, Garlicks
- Delaney's Hotel, Garlicks
- Bank Hotel, Trentham
- Briggs' Hotel, Blackwood
- Commercial Hotel, Gordon
- Parker's United Hotel, Gordon
- Railway Hotel, Gordon
- Commercial Hotel, Mount Egerton
You can help
You can assist this project by:
- Creating an article about a hotel, using this Hotel Page template.
- Creating an article about a person, using this Person Page template.
- Requesting an article about a person, hotel, or place.
- You can add information to pages - please cite the source.
Links to working with MediaWiki:
The Hotels of Ballarat wiki began in November 2016, based on earlier work on the Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project.